Whole30 Easy Lunch Idea: Pico de Gallo Potatoes
As seen on our Whole30 Challenge: Day 24. Click to read more!
Since we felt we somewhat indulged at breakfast (and I was a little preoccupied with playing Scientist), we decided to play it safe for lunch and kept it simple, quick, and light. We had golden baked potatoes topped with my homemade Whole30 Salsa/Pico de Gallo and the remaining bison with sautéed onions. Quick and easy for days when you just don't have a lot of time.
If you have food prep already done (such as potatoes already baked, ground bison/beef already cooked, and salsa/pico de gallo already made), this makes for quite the speedy lunch!
TASTE TEST: The salsa on the potatoes was quite tasty. Quick and easy lunch. I do miss my cheese, but it's finally getting easier to go without it.
1. If baking potatoes in oven, preheat oven to 350° F. (You can also nuke them in the microwave to save time.)
2. Clean potatoes and pierce a few holes in potatoes with fork. Then place in oven to cook for about an hour (for smaller potatoes, cook for around 45 minutes).
3. Sauté ground bison (or ground beef) with 1/4 cup chopped onions and 2 minced garlic cloves.
4. Add seasoning to meat, such as our favorite go-to spice, Everyday Spice Blend.
5. Make Whole30 Salsa/Pico de Gallo (click for recipe).
6. When potatoes are done, add sea salt and pepper, and serve with Whole30 Salsa/Pico de Gallo and ground bison.